The Joint Conference CIB W78 - LDAC 2021 will take place in Luxembourg between 11-15 October 2021 and is associated with the International Council for Research and Innovation in Building and Construction (CIB), its Working Commission W78 on Information Technology for Construction and the Linked Data in Architecture and Construction research community. This event is organized by the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) in collaboration with Cardiff University (UK) and the European Construction Technology Platform (ECTP).
Please find below the topics & focuses.
The digital processes involved in the design, construction and operation of built assets are increasingly influenced by technologies dealing with the monitoring of data from sensor networks, the management of this data in secure and resilient storage systems underpinned by semantic models and the simulation and optimization of engineering systems based on the increased use of Artificial Intelligence. Such processes obviously involve human and social aspects to be considered in a user-centric design of the related systems. Moreover, these phenomenons being highly networked and requiring holistic uderstanding, one can observe a shift in scales, from material and building scales to smart districts and cities.
In 2021, CIB W78 and LDAC research communities are invited to tackle these challenges and present the latest research progress and innovative applications associated with so-called Digital Twins at the crossing of BIM and semantic knowledge of things.
The CIB-W78 & LDAC conference topics also aim to cover the usual key research areas and industrial challenges associated with the spreading of digital technologies in AEC/FM. Those include, but are not limited to:
- Building Information Modelling
- Smart Cities
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Big Data
- Smart Contracts
- Product and Process Modelling
- Knowledge Modelling and Linked Data
- Integrated Process and Product Design
- 4D/nD Modelling
- Systems Engineering
- Data Acquisition, Analysis and Storage
- Data, Information and Knowledge Management
- Model-Based Management Tools and Systems
- Mobile Computing
- Situation Awareness and Sensing Technologies
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
- Visualization and Simulation Techniques
- Visual Pattern Recognition Technologies
- Managing IT Strategies
- Education in Construction Informatics
- Knowledge Transfer, Technology Dissemination and Standardization
- Research Methods in Construction Informatics
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Communication and Collaboration Technologies
- Automated Approaches in Construction
- IT Supported Architectural and Engineering Design
- Design and Decision Support Systems