Getting to Luxembourg
Luxembourg Airport (LUX, www.lux-airport.lu). Airlines flying into Luxembourg: Luxair (from most European destinations), KLM (from Amsterdam), British Airways and easy Jet (from London), Lufthansa (from Munich), SAS (from Copenhagen), Swiss (from Zurich).
Frankfurt-Hahn (HHN, www.hahn-airport.de), a Ryanair budget-airline hub, two hours bus ride from Luxembourg City, connections to Southern and Eastern Europe and the UK.
Flibco buses (www.flibco.com) run from Frankfurt-Hahn (2 hrs), Frankfurt Airport (4 hrs) and Brussels Charleroi (2¾ hrs).
Luxembourg Railway Station (11, Place de la Gare, L-1616 Luxembourg) / all info at www.cfl.lu
Paris by TGV (2¼ hrs), Basel (3½ hrs) via Strasbourg, Brussels (3 hrs), Koblenz (2 hrs), Trier (45 min).
Luxembourg is connected to the far corners of Europe by an excellent network of highways. The capital city of Luxembourg is directly linked to the highways: A1, A13, A3, A4, A6, A7.
Access to the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology - Belvaux
- Public transportation:
Luxembourg Findel Airport to LIST (Belvaux site):
The LIST (Belvaux site) is located at about 45 min. from the airport by public transport:
- First take bus number 16, which goes from Luxembourg Airport to the central train station in Luxembourg City (Gare centrale). A taxi from the airport to the city centre costs around €30.
- Then take train line 60, which goes from the central station to "Belval Université" station.
City centre to LIST (Belvaux site):
- First, take any bus that takes you to the central train station.
- Then take train line 60, as described above.
For further information regarding transportation in Luxembourg (buses and trains), please visit the website: www.mobiliteit.lu.
IMPORTANT - Since 1 March 2020, the use of public transport has been free of charge throughout Luxembourg for all residents and non-residents (except for first class tickets).
Free parking spaces are available for visitors in front of the main entrance of the LIST building in Belvaux.
There are two other paid public car parks available nearby:
- Belval Plaza 1 underground parking (Avenue du Rock’n’Roll)
- Belval Plaza 2 underground parking (under the Delhaize supermarket).